Renew an Adult passport:
This section applies to you if:
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were age 16 or above,
- Your previous/current U.S. passport has/is about to expire, or is out of pages,
To renew your adult passport, you will need the following to apply:
- Completed Form DS-82, Application for U.S. Passport. Please complete all white sections of the form correctly, date and sign the application;
- Proof of U.S. citizenship: Previous passport (valid or expired);
- One color photograph that taken within the last 6 months.
- The non-refundable application fee for an adult U.S passport renewal is $130.00 payable in U.S. dollars or in CFA equivalent. We accept cash or U.S. credit cards.
Your passport photo must be:
- In color
- Printed on photo quality paper
- 2 x 2 inches (5cm x 5cm) in size
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis:
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
Applicants will be emailed when their passport is ready for pick up; approximately 3 to 6 weeks from the date they submit their application. New passport pick-up is on Friday between 8:00 am and 10:00 am. An appointment is not required. The Embassy does not provide expedited processing for passport services. Citizens are urged to plan ahead and submit their applications two (2) months prior to the expiration date of their passport.
The American Citizen Services section is open Monday through Friday. Services are provided on an appointment basis only, Monday and Thursday. Please make an appointment online.
Before you make an appointment, please read the instructions and the list of required documents for the service you need. It is possible to have several services during the same visit to the Embassy, but you must make separate appointments for each individual service.
Please remember that your appointment signifies the time when you should appear at the Embassy’s public entrance for security screening. Applicants who do not appear at the appointed time will experience considerable delays and/or the possibility of the appointment not being honored. All applicants without a fully and accurately completed application form and all required documentation will be turned away and will need to reschedule an appointment for a later date
We are closed on all U.S. and Togolese public holidays