- Internship Opportunities
- Contract Opportunities
Foreign National Student Internship Program
We will next accept applications from 07:30 GMT on August 20, 2018, to 07:30 GMT on September 10, 2018. Candidates must be available to serve for a four-month internship from Monday, November 5, 2018, to Friday, March 8, 2019.
The Foreign National Student Intern Program (FNSIP) offers students a unique opportunity to experience a foreign affairs work environment at the U.S. Embassy in Lome. Interns may be assigned to any section of the embassy and have the possibility to participate in a wide variety of activities, including administration, budget and fiscal, human resources, consular/visa, research, analysis, report writing, correspondence, and information systems.
Please read the attached materials below to learn more about the program, eligibility requirements, and the application process. Interns receive no salary or any other form of compensation, and students who participate in the program are not employees of U.S. Embassy Lome, the U.S. Department of State, or the U.S. government.
The FNSIP is only open to students who are non-U.S. citizens. Applicants who are not citizens of Togo must provide proof of authorization to reside and work in Togo. U.S. citizens seeking internship opportunities with the Department of State may visit https://careers.state.gov/intern/ to learn more about our intern programs for citizens.
- 2018 Internship Periods (PDF 87KB)
- Internship Information Packet (PDF 976 KB)
- Application Form (PDF 184 KB)
Overseas Seasonal Hire Program (OSHP) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
U.S. Embassy in Lome is preparing for the Overseas Seasonal Hire Program (OSHP).
Application Deadline: Interested applicants must complete an Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (Form DS-174) and submit it to Human Resources on or before April 30, 2018.
Employment Dates: The OSHP will begin on May 13, 2018 and end on October 13, 2018. To be eligible for consideration in the program, OSHP student applicants must be available to work for a minimum of two (2) consecutive weeks during that timeframe.
Eligibility: To be eligible to participate in the OSHP, student applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements:
(1) Meets the definition of an EFM child, as set forth in 3 FAM 7120, except that the child must be at least 16 years of age at the time of hire;
(2) Student Status: Must be a full-time or part-time student currently enrolled in a course of study at a high school, college, university, or other educational institution, including on-line. Upon request, student applicants must be able to present documentation confirming their student status. Student status does not cease during the break between school years if the break does not exceed five (5) months and if the student applicant can produce documentation of enrollment for a course of study at a high school, college, university, or other educational institution, including on-line, which will begin immediately after the break.
NOTE: Under the OSHP, student employees are only eligible to work at the U.S. mission abroad where their sponsoring employee is assigned (not TDY).
Compensation: OSHP student employees must be compensated at an hourly rate which is not less than the U.S. federal minimum wage. This equates to FP-EE on the Foreign Service Extended Pay Schedule (FSEPS). Compensation for OSHP student employees who are non-U.S. citizens and who do not have a U.S. Social Security Number will be determined by HR/OE. Please contact HR-OE-EFMTeam@state.gov for further information.
Benefits: OSHP student employees do not accrue and are not eligible for annual leave, sick leave, holiday pay, or danger pay. OSHP student employees are not eligible for incentive awards; however, post may offer a certificate of appreciation, if appropriate.
Volunteer service under the OSHP is not allowed.
Available Employment Opportunities for OSHP
The following employment opportunities are available. OSHP student applicants must state the specific employment opportunities of interest on the DS-174.
Office Clerk Full time 05/13/2018 through 10/13/2018
(Must work minimum two weeks)
Duties include: Data entry, preparing documents, replying to emails, scheduling appointments, answering telephone, shredding, and other office-related duties.
- Fill the Application form, DS-0174 (PDF 2,48MB)and scan it into one PDF
- WHERE TO APPLY: E-mail Address to: HROLome@state.gov.
- Human Resources Office: +228 22-61-54-70 or +228 22-61-54-71)