Location: Lome, Togo
The Government of Togo announced a nighttime, nationwide curfew between 8 PM and 6 AM, beginning Thursday, April 2, for the next three months, with reduced official working hours from 9 AM to 4 PM. The U.S. Embassy advises all U.S. citizens who are staying in Togo during the COVID-19 pandemic to remain at home, away from public venues, and off of streets during the curfew hours, and to minimize going out at other times.
The U.S. Department of State is currently not organizing evacuation flights for U.S. citizens from Togo as commercial flights remain available. Evacuation flights organized by the U.S. Department of State are not free-of-charge and are often more expensive than purchasing a return ticket on a regular commercial flight. Although Air France and Brussels Airlines have temporarily suspended flights to Togo, Ethiopian Airlines still operates direct flights from Lome to Houston and Newark several times a week. These flights may be subject to unexpected cancellation due to reduced passenger loads or changes in federal regulations. If you wish to return to the United States but your Ethiopian Airlines flight has been unexpectedly cancelled, you should contact Ethiopian Airlines’ Lome ticketing office for assistance. The U.S. Embassy is unable to assist in booking or re-booking flights.
If you are a U.S. citizen planning to depart Togo from the Lome International Airport and are currently in Togo but reside outside of Lome, email a scan of your U.S. passport bio-page, your flight departure date, and the license plate number, as well as full name and driver’s license number for the driver, of the vehicle you will be riding in to firstname.lastname@example.org three-to-five days prior to your flight. The U.S. Embassy in Lome will pass this information to the Government of Togo to facilitate your passage to Lome and onward to the United States.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Togo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the US
U.S. Embassy Lomé, Togo
(+228) 2261 5470
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Togo Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter