Location: Lome, Togo
Event: COVID-19 update (March 26, 2020)
- Ethiopian Airlines continues direct flights from Togo to the United States at this time. Flights to Houston depart Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at noon. Flights to Newark depart Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday at noon. If you have traveled to Europe, China, or Iran in the past fourteen days, you are required to take the Newark flight.
- Asky flights were suspended on Wednesday, March 25, until Monday, April 13. In addition, all land border crossings with Togo, Ghana, and Burkina Faso are closed. If you are currently residing outside of Togo in West Africa, you will need to transit Addis Ababa to return to the United States via Lome.
- If you are a U.S. citizen planning to depart Togo from the Lome International Airport and are currently in Togo but reside outside of Lome, email a scan of your U.S. passport bio-page, your flight departure date, and the license plate number of the vehicle you will be riding in to email@example.com three-to-five days prior to your flight. The U.S. Embassy in Lome will pass this information to the Government of Togo to facilitate your passage to Lome and onward to the United States.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Togo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Embassy Lomé, Togo
(+228) 2261 5470
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter