Location: Lome, Togo
Event: On March 26, the Government of Togo issued a 14-day ban on any passenger disembarking in Togo. Upon the lifting of this ban, all incoming passengers to Lome International Airport will be quarantined for a period of 14 to 21 days at a government hotel with basic accommodations.
The U.S. Embassy Lome reminds U.S. citizens of the March 19 global health alert advising against international travel. The Government of Togo has full discretion to determine the public health risk of each incoming passenger.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Togo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the US
U.S. Embassy Lomé, Togo
(+228) 2261 5470
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter