Location: Lome, Togo
Event: Current Status of Passport Applications
Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, effective March 20, 2020, the U.S Department of State is limiting its passport operations. Effective April 2, the Department of State has further limited routine passport and citizenship services overseas.
For U.S. citizens in Togo, we are only able to offer passport services for customers with a medical or humanitarian emergency and in need of a passport for immediate international travel within 72 hours. All other long-term U.S. citizens residing in Togo should delay renewing a passport until routine passport services resume.
If you previously applied for a passport or citizenship service, you should expect significant delays receiving your passport or your citizenship documents. You may contact ConsularLome@state.gov to check the status of your passport or Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) if you were approved but have not yet received the document.
Please encourage any U.S. citizens you know who are residing in Togo to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so that they may receive the latest COVID-19 updates from the Department of State and the U.S. Embassy in Lome.
For U.S. citizen services in Togo, please visit our embassy website.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Togo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Lome, Togo
(+228) 2261 5470
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Togo Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter