The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. citizens to maintain a high level of vigilance and be aware of local events to bolster their personal security during the holiday season.
The U.S. Embassy advises all U.S. citizens to be particularly vigilant around churches, mosques, and other places of worship; locations where large crowds may gather; government facilities; and areas frequented by expatriates and foreign travelers during the upcoming holidays. U.S. citizens are also reminded to be vigilant in their homes and when traveling to guard against heightened robbery and home invasions during this time period.
Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution,Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Togo Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Lomé, Togo, located on Boulevard Eyadema at (228) 2261-5470. The Embassy is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 – 17:00, and Friday from 7:30 – 12:30. After hours emergency numbers for U.S. citizens in need of urgent assistance outside of business hours, is (228) 2261-5470, ext. 0.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.