Report a passport lost or stolen:
If you believe that your U.S. passport has been lost or stolen, you should immediately inform the Togolese police authorities of the loss by going to the nearest police station. Going to the police first is crucial since you will need a police report in order to get your Togolese entry stamp transferred into your new passport. After you’ve obtained a police report, then come to the U.S. Embassy.
To apply for a new passport; follow these steps:
- Complete Form DS-64, Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport. There is no need to submit this form directly to the embassy, and you can immediately cancel your passport number by submitting this information through Department of State’s central passport portal.
- Complete Form DS-11, Application for U.S. Passport. Please complete all white sections of the form legibly and correctly. Please do not sign the form until directed by a Consular Officer.
- Proof of identity: driver’s license or state or federal (military or government CAC) ID card (if you have neither but were previously issued a passport, then be prepared to answer biographical and historical questions about yourself).
- Proof of nationality: expired passport issued in the last 15 years, naturalization certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, state or local birth certificate.
- Passport photograph – please provide one color photographs that is: taken within the last 6 months; printed on high quality photographic paper; minimum size 5cm x 5cm (2″ X 2″); facing completely forward (head not turned); on a white background; religious head coverings may cover ears but must stop at the hairline and not obscure the forehead, eyebrows, or cheeks
- Fees – the fee to replace a lost or stolen passport is $145 U.S. dollars, payable in USD or FCFA or by credit card.
|Total Fee for Adult Passport Requiring Form DS-11||$145|
Please Note: Appointments for this service are required. To set up an appointment, visit the https://evisaforms.state.gov/Instructions/ACSSchedulingSystem.asp. Appointments are available Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm, excluding U.S. and Togolese public holidays. Passports can be picked up on Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 am.