- On March 6, 2020, the Togo Ministry of Health announced confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Lome. See more information at https://tg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- The Government of Togo has current restrictions on foreigners with travel in the past fourteen days to France, Germany, Italy and Spain. On March 19, 2020, Air France and Brussels Airlines temporarily suspended flights to Lome International Airport.
- Passengers arriving from the United States on the direct Ethiopian Airlines flights from Newark and Houston should avoid close contact, public spaces, and gatherings (offices, restaurants, places of worship, transit) for the first fourteen days in Togo (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html).
- Ethiopian Airlines continues direct flights from Togo to the United States at this time. Flights to Houston depart Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at noon. Flights to Newark depart Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday at noon. If you have traveled to Europe, China, or Iran in the past fourteen days, you are required to take the Newark flight.
- Asky flights were suspended on Wednesday, March 25, until Monday, April 13. In addition, all land border crossings with Togo, Ghana, and Burkina Faso are closed. If you are currently residing outside of Togo in West Africa, you will need to transit Addis Ababa to return to the United States via Lome.
- If you are a U.S. citizen planning to depart Togo from the Lome International Airport and are currently in Togo but reside outside of Lome, email a scan of your U.S. passport bio-page, your flight departure date, and the license plate number of the vehicle you will be riding in to firstname.lastname@example.org three-to-five days prior to your flight. The U.S. Embassy in Lome will pass this information to the Government of Togo to facilitate your passage to Lome and onward to the United States.
- The Government of Togo has formulated a plan for the surveillance and quarantine of suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19;
- There are currently no persons under quarantine for COVID-19 in Togo.