Fiancé(e) Visa


On February 24, 2021, President Biden issued a Presidential Proclamation REVOKING Proclamation 10014. This action means that U.S. Embassy Lomé can now begin processing ALL Family Preference Visas and K-1 fiancé(e) visas. However, due to pandemic restrictions, U.S. Embassy Lomé is extremely limited in how many applicants it can see each day. Priority is given to IR visas, and to spouses and minor children of Lawful Permanent Residents. You do not need to contact the Embassy to schedule your interview. We will contact you for an interview when we are able to process your individual visa.

Please remember, geographic COVID-19 restrictions REMAIN IN EFFECT. You MAY NOT enter the United States if you are a foreign national who has been physically present in the People’s Republic of China, Islamic Republic of Iran, Schengen Area, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Brazil, and South Africa, in the 14-day period before seeking entry into the United States.

Please check your itineraries carefully before attempting travel to the United States.


The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. You can learn more about fiancé(e) visas on

The K-1 fiancé (e) visa allows your foreign-national fiancé (e) to travel to the US to marry. You must get married within 90 days of his/her arrival. After the marriage, the visa applicant is eligible for a two-year conditional Green Card, giving him/her conditional permanent resident status. It is after two years of  marriage that the foreign-national spouse may apply for a 10-year, non-conditional Green Card and eventually U.S. citizenship.

The first step in the K-1 visa process is for the US citizen fiancé (e) to file I-129F, petition for their Alien Fiancé (e) with the USCIS office services in the area where they live. Form I-129 cannot be filed at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate or a USCIS office abroad.

Once the I-129F petition is approved, the foreign-national fiancé (e) may apply for a K-1 visa.

Required Documents:

Form DS-160
Valid Passport (6 months validity)
Divorce/Death certificate
Police certificates
I-134 might be requested
Evidence of relationship with the U.S. Citizen fiancé (e).
Payment for  fees.

A medical examination, a valid passport, two passport photos and evidence of the relationship with the US sponsor and visa applicant will be required with the above forms.

The visa applicant will be required to attend an interview at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If this interview is successful, the applicant will be granted a K-1 visa and will be allowed to travel to the United States to get married.

The K-1 fiancé (e) visafiancé(e) Visas

To apply for a fiancée visa, follow the steps on the Fiancé(e) Visa Process on

After you have completed the steps on the Immigrant Visa Process on, including paying the necessary fees and submitting the required immigrant visa application form (DS-260), Affidavit of Support, and supporting documents to the National Visa Center (NVC), they will review your file for completeness. Once your case becomes qualified for an interview, NVC will work with us to schedule an interview appointment for you.

You can learn more about the interview process on

At the end of your immigrant visa interview, the consular officer will inform you whether your visa application is approved or denied.

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case.  You can check the status of your visa application on

If your visa has been denied, you may find useful information on Ineligibilities and Waivers on

If your visa has been approved, you will be informed how and when your passport and visa will be returned to you.  Carefully review the information on the Fiancé(e) Visa Process on to learn what to do when you receive your visa, entering the United States, and other important information.


Rate: 1 USD = 550 FCFA rounded up to the nearest thousand